Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Collection Of English Football Wit

Football Wit by Aubrey Malone is a collection of football quips and one liners to bring a smile to most football fans. I'm talking about soccer here (proper football!)

Here are a few examples:

David Beckham: My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about seven.

Franz Beckenbauer: One year I played for 15 months.

Bobby Robson: The first 90 minutes of a match are most important.

Ron Atkinson: I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat.

Barry Venison: The Croatians don't play well without the ball.

Des Lynam: Southampton have beaten Brighton 3-1. That's a repeat of last year's result when Southampton won 5-1.

Bill Shankley: If Everton were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains.

And there is much more besides. Football Wit is available from Amazon at a 30% discount.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...