Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Amy Jacobson Gets Fired Following That Bikini Story

We wrote yesterday about Amy Jacobson in our post Amy Jacobson In Bikini Video At Craig Stebic's House. We won't repeat the story again but the question was: Had she breached journalistic ethics? It looks like the answer is 'Yes'.

It is now reported that WMAQ staff received a memo from their Vice President and News Director. Part of this read:

'We are sorry to tell you that Amy Jacobson is leaving NBC 5 News, effective immediately. Amy's contribution as a reporter over the last 10 years are numerous. Her hustle and passion for news have given us an edge on many top stories. She's worked long hours on many days, and we appreciate all she's done."

As for Amy Jacobson she acknowledged that she had a 'lapse of judgement' and went on to say, "I'm crushed. I can't lie to you. I'm devastated. I thought they would suspend me and then support me. I can't believe they did this after all I'd done for them. They know why I was there. There was never any challenge as to my motivation or intent."

Looks as if their are bounds that reporters shouldn't cross to get a story. And they also have to keep their bikinis for the beach!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...